Thursday, August 10, 2006

Why do I blog?

When I started blogging initially, I thought I should do it because it would help me improve my language. Whether it has helped me so far is a question I myself don't know the answer. But surely it has helped me to communicate in writing in a much better manner. But today when I think about why I want to blog, I get so many answers.

Firstly, it satisfies my ego. If I just wanted to improve my language I could always have started writing articles in a book or maintained a diary. Why should I blog and let my friends know that I am blogging? The 'I' called as Muthusubramanian wants people to read his blogs and wants to appreciate or criticise it. Whenever there is an appreciation, the 'I' is happy.

Secondly, it helps me express my views to my friends easily. Probably it would help them in understanding me better. (only probably. I don't know if it really helps. Only my friends need to tell me about this) There is also one more dimension to it. The 'I' expects people to comment because I also like to know what they feel about it by which I develop an understanding of what people think about a particular issue.

Thirdly, there is this small desire to tell about the system of meditation I practise and let people know that there is a system that exists which can help you realise the goal of human life in this very life itself. I want people to practise this system and enjoy its benefits. So far I haven't written anything about my system and I don't know whether I will write in the future too because I don't know what to write and how to write and where to begin. Surely this reason for my writing blogs is not as important as the others mentioned above.

Probably, if I find all this unnecessary, then suddenly I would stop blogging too. But for now I will continue.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how come suddenly so many posts?

7:45 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Benkiman said...

oh wonderful. finally people will be able to understand you too.

5:55 AM, August 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home