Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bangalore- a Punya Kshetram

Why do multinationals invest in Bangalore? Why are there so many research institutes in Bangalore? Why is Bangalore the IT hub, the electronics hub, and the Bio-tech hub of India? Is it because of the weather? Is it because of the people? Is it because of anything else? I will come back to these questions later....


I went home this weekend because I was feeling extremely agitated mentally. As soon as I got down from the train at Bangalore, I began to feel much lighter. The agitation reduced and my mind became calmer. The heaviness in my mind instantaneously vanished. This kind of feeling I had even during my last visit back home. I questioned myself whether it was because of the happiness that I am going to visit my parents or was it something to do with the place itself. If it were the former, I should have the same feeling when my parents come to meet me but I don't get it here. Then does it mean that Bangalore has something special in it?


One more thing that I observed this time when I went to Bangalore was the number of institutions that have been opened for the sake of spreading spirituality. I saw a hoarding which said "free yoga and pranayama" taught by the Zen masters. There was a lecture by Swami Sukhabodhanda on the Bhagavad Geeta at the Malleshwaram Grounds. And most of us know that the "Art of Living " Sri Sri Ravishankar is based in Bangalore. The Brahmakumari Mission is also spreading in Bangalore. And there are many more. (Whether each one of these is really a spiritual mission is a question to be answered by the reader himself but they do claim that they are spiritual missions). So, I asked my Master whether Bangalore was special in any manner. And he confirmed my intuition that Bangalore was the modern spiritual capital of India. These missions are somehow able to spread the message of goodness and peace and are able to transform the people to a certain extent into becoming better and better human beings.

This answered my first few questions. Probably, the atmosphere here is itself charged with positive energy and hence people are attracted to this place without their own knowledge.

Bangaloreans are blessed to be there. It is upto the people to utilize the wonderful atmosphere there for their own spiritual and moral development.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaju Krishna said...

Let me confuse you a bit. Consider this argument. The heavy influx of IT and BT and BPO pros also brought to Bangalore a large populace that was suffering from the stresses associated with jobs of that sort. Where you have willing students masters flock(these modern days have turned the situation upside down!). If you look at the period evolution of these institutions you will know what I mean. That brings you to the chicken and egg dilemna. Anyway each city is what you associate with it mentally.
One more thing-do me a favour by removing the word verification.

11:08 AM, May 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bangalore is the most indifferent place on Earth...

9:47 PM, August 04, 2006  
Blogger Benkiman said...

@arcane crapper.
please let me know who you are. and if at all you comment something comment within few days of the post. when i see my own post a few months after i have written, i sometimes find it meaningless. so no point discussing about this post now.

12:11 AM, August 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home