Thursday, August 10, 2006

Death - not a shock anymore

This week reminds me of the death anniversaries of two people whom I loved very much both of whom I called as Thatha although one of them was not my own grandfather. But to me he was much more than my own. He has not only moulded me but also has shown our entire family the right direction for life. It was probably divine will that made him spend his last 4 years in our house so that we learnt the purpose of life and do something for the soul in this very life.

But the most important thing is that when I remember these two people today, I don't feel anything. There is no sorrow that they are not there with me anymore. In fact, even when they died, I not only didn't cry, but never felt that suddenly there was a vacuum created in our family. I could easily accept the fact that their tenure in this particular body was over and so left it when the body could no longer sustain.

Nowadays, if some one tells me that some one dear to one has passed away, I don't know how to react. I don't feel like saying sorry to him because I don't feel anything for him. I just feel it happens in life and there is nothing really to worry and cry about it.

But I don't know how I would react if my own parents or some one really close to me died some day. I think I am developing the capacity to accept the reality easily without crying and carry on with my work without being affected much.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Ilusionist said...

macha, i was also planning to write something similar to this...
i have gone through a phase right now...and sometimes i still feel that i am not over it...
its a difficult thing..
lets see....what you have mentioned is the bitter truth, but we have to face it one day or the other...

9:54 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger Benkiman said...

it is better to accept the bitter truth as early as possible because it has to be accepted some day or the other. so accept it the time you realise the truth.

10:07 AM, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh, the exact same thing happened to me.well,atleast the first bit.

there s absolutely no void left behind,there were no tears and talkin about it is not hard at all..
guess there are things we learn about ourselves everyday.

7:01 AM, August 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home