Monday, August 21, 2006

Blabberomania

People who have known me for quite some time surely know that I am a major blabberer and enjoy doing so and take pride in blabbering. (what a fool! I want to stop this). But when I look back when and why I started blabbering, I realise that this tendency is not my own but has been inherited (any one who has been in with me in my house for a day will know even my father's blabbers) and possibly started when I was really very young.

The first ever blabber I remember is my having started of calling a potato as Kunti for God knows what reason. And this word I used for quite some time. Funnily the blabbers don't last long and there are newer and newer nonsensical sounds that I keep finding and sticking on to. To this list are words like Kunti, Manga, Mangala, Goojigo, Bolu, Erumai, etc( not in chronological order) and the latest one has been amme murukku Ne which got reduced to amme Mu. Even today I use this and I myself dont know what motivates me to use such words. Apart from these there was one such period when I used to use "naan" ( meaning I) about half a dozen times every time I wanted to say I and this used to irritate my mother to the fullest extent possible.

I also have this tremendous ability to create names for people which don't make any sense. And the names just pop out in my head spontaneously as I call my brother as Gomman, and my mother as Bambu and my father as Jola Bijangi(this was his coinage) and all the three have absolutely no meaning.

Moreover, as I was young, I used to change the lyrics of songs to the maximum extent possible which made absolutely no sense. One such song was Poove Sempoove Un vaasam varum and I used to sing it as "ANDaaTTam ANDaaTTam BaTEvaa Challenge" and the only word which is meaningful here is challenge. Where the hell did I get these words? There are so many which I can go on adding to my list.

Further, I have this capacity to associate objects and shapes with sounds. (Inherited from father). For example, the way I had named autorickshaws and buses in Chennai. According to me, there were four autorickshaws Bi (prounounced as the bi in birth), Ke ( as in can), O ( as the sound of the letter) and O Kundi. Now, what do they mean? The Bi auto was the front engine auto, the Ke auto was the rear engine auto and the naming was done based on the way the rear of the auto looked like. The former looked convex and the latter looked concave. (If you cannot understand how the names are related to these two attributes surely you don't have my sense of blabbering). And the other two kinds O and O Kundi, I found only in my native place Tirunelveli. Both these were front engine autos and their front portion looked like the tamil O to me. (How? Don't ask me) and the O Kundi was because it had a bulge at its rear and it looked like the butt of the auto and hence the name. Similarly, I had named the Chennai buses as JoNDai, Tap(pronounced similar to tub) and Ee and all of them just like the above were sounds associated with the shapes.

Furthermore, I had developed my own style of speaking Tamil and the first one I developed was the "Avan Bhaashai"( He language). According to the rules of this language, there is no first and second person and all names of people must be avoided, only the relation should be mentioned. This language was started by him during his seventh. He and he were the first two to use this. Slowly, this language spread to him. Now, as he,he and he kept on speaking this language, his and his mother and his mother too used to get very much pained. The funniest part was mostly, he could not understand what he spoke and he could not understand what he spoke. Ultimately, he would understand something which he wished and he would understand some other thing which he liked. Finally, he and he themselves got so pained by his language that he and he suddenly decided not to use it thenafter.

Then recently, I developed the 'Nee Bhaashai" (You language). According to this language, there is no first person and the first person is referred to as the second person and any third person is referred to as a relation of the second person or by his name. Did you get what I said? Let me explain with an example. Assume a hypothetical conversation between my mother and me.

I: unakku chaadam pODu (ninage anna haaku)
Mom: addaan pOTTiNDirukkEnE (ade haakoNDideenallaa)
I: ayyo ongammakkudaan saadam pottirukka, aanaa onakku? (nim taayige anna haakidya, aadre ninage?)
Mom: engamma inga engada irukka? (nan taayi illello idaare?)
I: addaan ongamma on munnaadi daane okkaandinDirukkaa ! ( ade nin taayi nin mundene kootiddaaLallaa! )
Mom: !!!! (Basically totally bulbs)

This fellow who you are seeing here is the craziest ass ever. He doesn't know what he speaks and keeps blabbering all the time. But he is making some conscious efforts to cut down on his blabber. But the fun involved in blabbering and making people bulb is what that makes him to continue. After all, this blabber is not something which makes his mind and heart heavy, in fact makes him laugh and people around him laugh. So, he will continue but not to the extent to which it was earlier. Oh Shit. Again the He language.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Ignoramus said...

i laughed non-stop reading the paragraph about the Avan Bhaashai. Too much da. Thaanga mudiyala. Inga pakkathla ellarum enna paathu enna aachu nu kekara..

dei.. nee blabber pannina daan da Kumar. Illena.. nee kumare illa. Don't stop blabbering da.

12:49 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger The Ignoramus said...

should have titled this post as Blabberomania.

12:50 AM, August 23, 2006  
Blogger The Ilusionist said...

absolutely true...you are the craziest ass ever...!!!!

12:40 PM, August 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh! that was hilarious.. i make up ridiculous names for people too.. meaningless wierd sounding words.. but u are too good!or should i say, too much! thanks for the laughing fit u gave me!:)

7:23 AM, August 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dei kumar....nee nariya vittutada un olaral'la....blog still has to be refined a lot... apparam avan bashaila naangalum thaan nariya kandu pidichom...adappavi neeyae ella credit'um eduthukkaratha..too bad

11:18 AM, August 26, 2006  
Blogger Benkiman said...

evvalavu daanDa olari oruthan kazhutha arukka mudiyum. ellatema ezhuduvaa.

and neeyum avan bhaashaila contribute pannirukkantu ezhudirukkalam. mistake only. mannichuko.

12:40 PM, August 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is definitely not something, about you, I'm new to. I'v been a part of almost all of what you have mentioned. All those rantings in class in the 'He' language...come to think of it... HILARIOUS!

I guess all this comes out spontaneously from your hyperactive mind. Anywayz.. i wouldnt want to analyse why ur made up of this.. but maaan...keep it going!

8:59 PM, August 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home